Why Choose Beacon?
- Case management, outreach nursing, and social work services are provided through Hemophilia of Georgia and include face-to-face education sessions and personal interaction
- Beacon Pharmacy supports the bleeding disorder community in Georgia
- Clients benefit from a high level of coordinated care between pharmacists, outreach nurses, and Hemophilia Treatment Center staff
- Medications and infusion supplies are shipped directly to clients’ homes or offices
- Prices for clotting factor and other medications are competitive
- Infusion supplies and delivery are always included
- Insurance claims and paperwork are filed promptly and correctly
- Easy-to-use reminder program and online ordering keep clients from running out of factor
NHF Medical Advisory #412
January 11, 2011
Recall of Alcohol Prep Pads, Alcohol Swabs and Alcohol Swabsticks Due to Potential Bacterial Contamination
The FDA and Triad Group, Inc., a manufacturer of over-the-counter alcohol swabs, have recalled lots of alcohol prep pads, alcohol swabs, and alcohol swabsticks that have private labels but are all manufactured by Triad Group, Inc. The products are marked as sterile and nonsterile. For a list of the third parties on the label, read the “.
The reason for the recall is a potential contamination of these products with Bacillus cereus, a bacterium that causes food poisoning. Use of these products can be life threatening, especially for immune suppressed and surgical patients. If any of your alcohol swab products list the Triad Group, Inc., as the manufacturer, do not use them. Return them to the product distributor. Contact your hemophilia treatment center or healthcare provider if you have used any of these products and are experiencing any adverse side effects, such as fever or other signs of infection.